Wednesday 22nd April 2009
9:45am – 3.00pm
Conference Room, Palingswick House, 241 King Street, LondonW6 9LP
Creating the right learning environment is crucial to
· promoting positive behaviour
· enabling pupils to learn effectively and responsibly
· helping teachers to have a less stressful, more enjoyable teaching experience!
This classroom management course is important for those teaching in supplementary schools who want to positively develop their learning environments and pupils’ behaviour, and who would like to have classes that are more satisfying for pupils and teachers. Trainees will have the opportunity to reflect on their own teaching situations, challenges and solutions.
This informative course is interactive and will enable trainees to
· explore the impact of space, time and resources on the learning environment and how teachers can more effectively use these
· examine different teaching styles and the effects of these on pupils’ behaviour
· look at motivators for pupils in the classroom that influence behaviour and how teachers can utilise these
· explore the importance of language and communication and the difference this can make in how pupils respond
· look at practical strategies for promoting appropriate behaviour and an effective learning environment
Course facilitator: Yinka Armartey, CaVSA
Registration begins at 9:45am. Tea and coffee will be provided during registration. Training starts promptly at 10:15am. Please arrive during registration. Trainees will receive handouts. Certificates of attendance will be given to trainees who complete the whole session at the end of the training course.
Training is free, but places are limited. To secure your place,
please complete and return the attached booking form ASAP.
Yinka Armartey, Supplementary Schools Network Coordinator
Tel: 020 8748 6345
Romanca Society Team